Are you looking for a qualified, experienced, professional translator? Look no further!
TRANSLEGE ARTIS is the trading name of Karol Kawczyński. I am an English-Polish freelance translator specialising in law, finance and accounting. For the last 9 years I have been providing first-class translation, proofreading and editing services to translation agencies, law firms, accounting firms, banks and other businesses, NGOs and individuals.
WHY CHOOSE ME?
- state-certified (sworn) translator appointed and accredited by the Ministry of Justice (licence No. TP/21/15), authorised to issue and certify translations for all official purposes in Poland
- MA (Hons) in Specialised Translation, BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature, PgDip in Legal and Business Translation, PgDip in Accounting and Finance
- native speaker of Polish with an excellent command of English, currently based in Gdańsk, Poland
- a wealth of experience: 9 years; 16,000 pages (approx. 4,000,000 words); over 1,500 projects
- proven track record in providing clients with high quality translations
- state-of-the-art translation tools (SDL TRADOS versions 2007/2009/2014)
- first-class research and terminology management skills
- genuine interest in my fields of expertise
- My texts are linguistically accurate and culturally appropriate. Being well-versed in law, accounting and finance, I know “how they speak of these things” in the other language. As a result, my translations achieve their intended communicative purposes.
- I believe in lifelong learning. In order to keep my knowledgebase updated and to sharpen my skills I attend various forms of continuing professional development, from short courses, webinars and conferences to formal university programmes and advanced professional training. At my home office I keep a constantly growing library of reference books. All of them not only read but thoroughly studied.
- I am a freelancer, which means that I am your single point of contact and the decision maker at all stages of the process. As a result, I can take an approach which is more client-oriented. I carefully listen to my clients to understand their needs and expectations. What are yours?
- I love what I do. Ever since I can remember, I have been passionate about books and languages. I have been studying English for more than 20 years now. In addition, I have developed a genuine interest in my fields of expertise, i.e. law, accounting and finance. The combination of these qualities is a key to effective communication between different countries’ systems and cultures and the reason why I decided to become a specialised translator.
- I treat confidentiality issues with the utmost respect. Each and every document is kept confidential by default. If required, I am ready to sign an NDA.